Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Free Yourself From Acne

I hate acne.  Who doesn't?  It makes anyone conscious, ugly and unhygienic.  I don't know anyone who, at some point in their life, didn't have acne.  I met this dreaded skin disease when I was in high school and I knew that it would show its ugly being when I am about to have my period.  I was so uneducated about it and associate it with my eating a lot of chocolates and having too many boy crushes all at the same time.  That's what my friend told me but now I know better.

Acne is caused by the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes and hormones play a big role in its development especially during the peak of a woman's menstrual cycle.  Of course there are other factors for having an acne prone skin. 

There are a lot of products in the market that promise elimination of acne after a number of applications.  I really don't believe in eliminating it, I think the more appropriate term is prevent. 

This article focuses on the cure and prevention of acne in just three easy steps that I think are practical.

1. Avoid vegetable oil because it contains omega 6 that aggravates inflammation.  Skip number 6 and use cooking oil with omega 9 instead to help you get rid of acne and at the same time help you have a healthy heart.  Chocolate has vegetable oil, which explains the teenage belief of eating it will give you acne aside from the fact that it will make you fat.

2.  Eat nutritious foods like vegetables and fruits.  I don't need to expound on this.  Balanced nutrition is the key to healthy skin and healthy body.  Our doctors and other health experts have said this over and over.

3. Get rid of candida.  Candida causes your digestive system to malfunction and that means malabsorption of all the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables that you eat.

In addition to the three steps, my foolproof way to prevent acne is to drink plenty of water and wash your face before going to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails