Thursday, September 2, 2010

90210

Today is September 2, 2010 or 9-02-10 which coincidentally can also stand for the popular hit teen series during the 90s--Beverly Hills 90210.  

 Photo from here.

I was only 8 years old then when Brandon, Brenda, Kelly, Dylan, Steve, Andrea, Donna, David and Valerie invaded our television sets and since then everyone, including my then 11-year old sister, went gaga over the 'it' gang of Beverly Hills High.

Our Aunts were already living in the US when it all began and we would have regular supply of 90210 goodies--from pencils to posters--that we proudly show off to our friends.  Yes, you bet, Brandon was my favorite while my sister crushes on Dylan.  The biggest poster that our Aunt managed to send us was a face shot of Brandon that we hung in our room, it was purposely placed to where it would be the first that we will see each time we wake up. 

I could not imagine why an 8-year old kid such as I would watch such a rather adult genre show.  Nevertheless, the TV show made my childhood a lot more memorable.  I could still remember the giggles each time the camera focuses on our crush.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails